Position Available: Education and Outreach Coordinator
AMI-Québec Action on Mental Illness is a community-based organization committed to helping families manage the effects of mental illness through support, education, guidance and advocacy. If you would like to be a member of a dynamic team and are interested in social justice and the promotion of mental health, this may be the position for you!
We are looking for a coordinator to oversee our education and outreach program. The program’s objective is to increase awareness of mental illness and mental health, to demystify mental illness and to facilitate referrals and access to help. Outreach activities include presentations in schools, universities, businesses, and the community, both locally (face to face) and via distance learning platforms (telephone, webinars).
Full-time position. Start date: as soon as possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Program development, coordination, promotion, and evaluation
- Delivery of programs
- Recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers who take part in the delivery of programs
- Reaching out to potential audiences
We expect you to:
- Be motivated and flexible: able to work both independently and in a team
- Have experience in teaching, public speaking, or the equivalent
- Have strong organizational skills
- Have strong verbal and written English; at least conversational French
- Have strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Prezi, Excel, Word)
- Have knowledge of the mental health field
Please email Curriculum Vitae, including references, to email@example.com by November 30th (please note that we are hoping to fill the position earlier).