AMI’s education programs focus on shared experience and practical tools to help cope with mental illness and caregiving.
The programs include the following topics:
- Facing the challenges of mental illness
- Recovery in mental illness: what it is and how it can be achieved
- Communicating with the ill person and with service providers (psychiatrists, nurses, police, etc.)
- Effective coping and reducing the hardship associated with caregiving
- Resiliency and self care: weathering the ups and downs of mental illness
Weekly sessions are offered in closed group settings and participants are expected to attend the full program (nine weeks).
Registration is required. Please complete the form below or call our office at 514-486-1448 for more information. Some programs have a waiting list; we will contact you to confirm your registration.
Education groups are free for AMI-Québec members. Non-members must become members and pay the equivalent of our annual membership fee, $25. Free admittance is extended to those on limited incomes.
You may also be interested in Coping Skills (click here)