AMI’s education program is for caregivers who are coping with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in a loved one. Our nine week program focuses on shared experience and practical tools to help cope with mental illness and caregiving.
The program includes the following topics:
- Facing the challenges of mental illness
- Recovery in mental illness: what it is and how it can be achieved
- Communicating with the ill person and with service providers (psychiatrists, nurses, police, etc.)
- Effective coping and reducing the hardships associated with caregiving
- Resiliency and self care: weathering the ups and downs of mental illness
Weekly sessions are offered in closed group settings and participants are expected to attend the full program. Follow-up booster sessions allow you to review and practice the techniques you’ve learned.
Registration is required. Please complete the form below or call our office at 514-486-1448 for more information. Some programs have a waiting list; we will contact you to confirm your registration.
Education groups are free for AMI-Québec members. Non-members must become members and pay the equivalent of our annual membership fee, $25. Free admittance is extended to those on limited incomes.
Sessions are on Mondays from 7-9 pm and run for 9 weeks
at the AMI office (6875 Decarie)
October 19, 2015
April 18, 2016