AMI’s education program is for caregivers who are coping with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in a loved one. Our nine week program focuses on shared experience and practical tools to help cope with mental illness and caregiving.
The program includes the following topics:
- Facing the challenges of mental illness
- Recovery in mental illness: what it is and how it can be achieved
- Communicating with the ill person and with service providers (psychiatrists, nurses, police, etc.)
- Effective coping and reducing the hardships associated with caregiving
- Resiliency and self care: weathering the ups and downs of mental illness
Weekly sessions are offered in closed group settings and participants are expected to attend the full program. Follow-up booster sessions allow you to review and practice the techniques you’ve learned.
This program is FREE but registration is required. Please complete the form below or call our office at 514-486-1448 for more information. Some programs have a waiting list; we will contact you to confirm your registration.
Sessions are on Mondays from 7-9 pm and run for 9 weeks.
Complete the form below and we will be in touch with the starting date of our next session.